Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another snow day! Yay FOODDDD

Alright cookers, so more snow days for me in the past two days! Crazy I know! Well, I definitely cooked up a storm and made a lot of good food. Some stuffed pepper, banana bread, veggie salad and HOMEMADE PIZZA. What I want to share with you, before I give you a whole menu for SUPERBOWL SUNDAY, is a recipe for pizza dough. I never made dough in my life, and being Italian that's a disgrace! So I found a fabulous recipe from my idol Giada on food network. LOVE HER!!


Here is the recipe for this amazing dough!




Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups warm water, you may need a little extra but start with this
1 packet active dry yeast
5 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt you may add a little more
Olive oil for after kneading and setting to rise


Directions:


Tip: So I used my kitchen aide mixer that has a dough handle on it and this worked really well, but you can use a whisk and your best two tools your HANDS! : )


Pour the hot water in a bowl. Add the yeast and whisk the yeast until it dissolves. In another bowl, combine the flour and salt. Now add all wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and USE THOSE HANDS! Start to fold the yeast water into the flour and a dough will begin to form. Now if you were using a mixer, just watch the dough unitl it is all corporated. If the dough is too dry, add a little extra water, 1 tablespoon at a time. If the dough is too sticky, add extra flour, and again 1 tablespoon at a time. Now prepare a floured work surface. With floured HANDS, knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic, about 10 to 12 minutes, you will honestly know when it is ready promise : ).  Now knead into a ball and place inside a clean bowl with olive oil. Put the dough in the bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel. Set the bowl in a warm, draft-free place. Now go do some chores until the dough has doubled in size, about 2 hours.


Now deflate the dough in the center by using your hands and cut it into how ever many pizzas you want to make equal in size. Again, place doughs into an oiled bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel and let rest for 1 hour. Finally! With a rolling pin and you hands and alot of four in your work station, roll out the dough to fit onto a greased metal pan and decorate that pizza!!! I did bacon, garlic and onion with a little oil and OMG amazing : ). Buon Appetito!


Let me know how you did, any questions? Email me, facebook me or @twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment